Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Neighborhood - Dreta de L'Eixample


The neighborhood I live in is in my opinion the best and also is in the best location. It includes Plaza Catalunya, Tatuan, Plaza Urquinaona, my school, and some great restaurants and bars. Besides this it also has some great architecture and has many of the works of the one and only Gaudi. I am also very close to 2 metros, Girona & Verdaguer, but I usually walk everywhere because everything is so relatively close to me.

My Barrio:





Casa Mila and Casa Batillo Pictured Below:




Something else I really love about my neighborhood is my market, which is actually right behind my apartment building. It has all the food I would need, with fresh meats, fruits and veggies as well as an actual supermarket in the same building and an electronics store.  It is really great because I can literally run there when ever I am in need of any thing or just forget to grab something.

 Directly next to my market is the District Office Building, which can be seen below. The building is where tourists can go and get information and where some paper work is done. There is also a school and music hall connected to the District Office so there is always a lot of kids hanging out by it. There is a building across from it where people can go to file paper work and get visas, which is also a part of the office.




Above is the school that is attached to the District Building.

In our area we also have a small local public library that I have been too and have a library card for. It has a nice little outside area and courtyard where a person can go work. There are also tons of computers and desks where many teens and kids will go do their homework after school.

Here are some pictures of the library:


My district also contains two hospitals, one of them being a children's hospital, which is actually really cute and I always see children going in and out of it.  

 The main attraction in my area is Plaza Catalunya, which is the center of Barcelona and leads to La Rambla, and the Gothic quarter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment